Phillip Jeffries is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist!
At Phillip Jeffries, our people are our best asset! We are searching for an energetic, forward-thinking and passionate team player to join our Human Resources team. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent. Being the initial point of contact, you’ll be responsible for creating a world class candidate experience, ensuring applicants feel comfortable and thoroughly informed throughout the process.
You will play a significant role in shaping our unique company culture, finding individuals that embody our core values and purpose. As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will partner closely with our leadership team, to ensure organizational structures are designed to meet company goals and to invite qualified candidates into the interview process. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, be extremely detail-oriented, and possess a passion for creating a world class culture.
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Talent.
What you will be doing:
- By facilitating Role Discovery Meetings
- By creating and processing Role Requisitions
- By ensuring that all departments have forward-looking organizational structures that are properly designed and staffed with talent in the appropriate Stratum
- By creating and posting engaging role descriptions on recruiting sites
- By being the public face of PJ during the recruiting process, ensuring a positive candidate experience from the initial application to the final onboarding process
- By being aware of competitor practices, industry trends and recruitment standards
- By collaboratively consulting with hiring managers to recommend strategies to identify and recruit top talent
- By developing and conducting trainings for managers with the goal of improving recruiting and hiring efficiencies
- By managing internal transfer process, including coordinating interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- By coordinating pre-screening questionnaires and calls
- By coordinating and completing multi-stage interview schedules including in-person, telephone, video conference and offsite
- By arranging travel for out-of-state candidates
- By preparing offer letters for candidates
- By directing the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees, where support is needed
- By developing a sourcing pools and talent pipelines by posting job ads through job boards, social medial, state employment agencies, professional associations and employee referral programs
- By preparing new hire packets and onboarding binders
- By developing a detailed internship program
- By scheduling and attending job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants
- By networking with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants
- By conducting assessments, testing, reference and background checks, and scheduling drug screenings
- By creating and owning the employee referral program
- By identifying new social media and job board opportunities
- By continually reviewing and recommending new technology and systems that will improve the way we recruit top talent
- By having a strong social media presence that attracts top talent with images and articles about PJ hosted events, trainings, GWP initiatives and the like
- By working with marketing to ensure all recruiting efforts are on brand
- By monitoring online reviews, highlighting positive posts and addressing any issues causing negative feedback
- By assisting with execution of our annual “Spirit Week” initiative
- By inspiring the organization to choose to be motivated, engaged and passionate about their roles
- By participating in and ensuring execution of monthly “Wow Fun Month” events
- By assisting with evaluating annual company feedback and identifying opportunities for improvement
- By encouraging employee involvement with and oversee that the company’s “Great and Worthy Purpose” is being fulfilled
- By personifying “learning mode”
- By empowering all employees and managers to confidently discuss new ideas and grievances
- By being a change agent for the organization
- By assisting with diagnosing problems and implementing plans to achieve all change goals
- By maintaining recruiting records as required (interview notes, applications, etc.)
- By updating necessary employee information
- By facilitating the enforcement of appropriate policies and procedures
- Have ready, willing and able at least one person who could take over my role and perform it better than I do
- Perform additional tasks as needed
- Upbeat, positive energy
- 5+ years full life cycle recruiting experience
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Keen understanding of the differences between various roles within the organization
- Superior interpersonal abilities
- Ability to collaborate and work autonomously
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with social media platforms, resume databases and professional networks
- HRIS experience (BambooHR) preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Timely, consistent follow-up skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, written, listening)
- Comfortable speaking in front of a crowd
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- High ethical and professional standards
- Personify “learning mode”
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BA degree preferred
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- 18 paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jobs@phillipjeffries.com.
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.