A New York State of Design.
The Big Apple.
The Melting Pot.
The City That Never Sleeps.
The City of Dreams.
If you can make it here…
Phillip Jeffries is currently seeking an experienced sales leader who is passionate about NYC – it’s eclectic vibe, it’s captivating energy, it’s beauty, nostalgia and it’s love of all things design. As the NY Regional Sales Manager for the world’s premiere, luxury wallcovering company, you will be based in the design capital of the world, NYC.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the luxury design market and will be responsible for leading teams, fostering relationships, and ensuring amazing client experiences. Additionally, you will possess a dynamic blend of market expertise coupled with proven sales strategies to maximize sales results.
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
This position will report directly to the Director of North American Sales.
What you will be doing:
- Grow sales in NY Metro Market (NYC, CT, Long Island and the boroughs)
- Help showroom and sales team prospect new clients via trade shows, territory visits, mentoring, web tools and direct marketing program
- Work with managers, showroom staff, sales associates and press to grow the Phillip Jeffries brand and its relationships
- Attend dinners, industry events, etc. with showroom sales staff and top designers
- Exude leadership skills and have the ability to manage up, down and sideways.
- Be a team player that offers ruthless support
- Collaborate and update strategic sales plan
- Direct all activities required to achieve sales goals via service and marketing standards
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recaps covering sales performance, analysis of performance and key objectives
- Owner of strategic sales plan
- Be responsible for evolving the ultimate guest experience
- Be an ambassador and help increase Phillip Jeffries brand awareness
- Be willing to entertain with sales staff and top designers
- Attend industry events, dinners, etc.
- Be point person for local marketing opportunities and communicate to corporate Marketing
- Own and oversee all showroom events
- Liaise with Director of North American Sales and Executive Leadership
- Mentor and train sales staff
- Conduct sales training that elevates the team’s ability to prospect and close sales
- Develop and define presentation skills
- Educate sales and showroom staff on new product launches, systems and procedures
- Deliver conference call seminars/webinars on new product and sales strategy
- Conduct IT training for sales team
- Assist with PJU training seminars when necessary
- Be available physically, mentally and emotionally for team
- Schedule face-to-face time to build and develop relationships with showrooms, sales team and clients
- Visit corporate headquarters a minimum of every 4 – 6 weeks and/or when requested
- Attend and work US Trade Shows
- Attend National Sales/General Manager meetings and other PJ hosted events
- Create travel budget
- Write visit recap for executive team after each territory visit
- Communicate and strategize with Director of North American Sales on continuous basis
- Connect weekly with each territory
- Relay client reaction and needs via sales software
- Provide feedback from marketplace and coordinate events when necessary
- Interact with Client Services when issues escalate
- Provide feedback to IT on web improvement opportunities
- Conduct structured monthly and quarterly calls with showroom owners/ managers and associates
- Connect weekly with each territory and sales representative
- Establish goals for territory, including sales, sampling and catalogues
- Create and implement a system for tracking the sales pipeline
- Analyze and act on win/loss projects
- Ensure that the follow up process is effective
- Analyze current state of distribution plan and propose changes as needed
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics and communicate results to leadership/sales force as needed
- Analyze showroom vignettes and display commitments
- Own portions of the strategic sales and marketing planning
- Attend planning and strategy sessions
World Class Customer Service and Operations
- Deliver world class customer service at all times
- Hold sales team accountable to daily, weekly, and monthly metrics/goals
- Give feedback to Outside Sales Representatives on call reports
- Ensure best practices for issue resolution, returns, etc.
- Communicate feedback regarding service failures/customer concerns to corporate
- Ensure maintenance of the overall image of the Phillip Jeffries showroom including (i.e. overseeing showroom updates and displays are installed to corporate standard in a timely manner)
- Oversee sample stock replenishment and general showroom supplies
- Ensure performance standards meet the goals of the company
- Coach, guide, manage and motivate a high performing team
- Oversee scheduling of the showroom ensuring coverage for breaks, vacations, etc.
- Conduct monthly one-to-one meetings with all direct reports
- Assist with recruiting and training of all new team members
- Create and execute individual development plans
- Ensure a working environment that feels safe and reflects the core values of Phillip Jeffries
- Communicate company initiatives/objects to team
- Be responsible for opening and closing the showroom
- Be available to be onsite in the event of an emergency
- Offer recommendations for new technology when needed
- Oversee system and process development
- Oversee change management process
- 5 – 7 years Sales Management experience
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Customer-centric mentality
- Training and development
- Luxury brand experience
- Experience and passion for sales and management
- Social Media savvy
- Background in interior design industry and/or luxury retail sales
- Experience and passion for interior design/design
- Design savvy and aware of current trends
- Knowledge of top designers within the territory
- Proven track record as a coach and mentor, outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding follow up
- Capable and flexible in handling diverse responsibilities
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Well versed with ERP/CRM systems
- BA degree mandatory
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- 20 paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jobs@phillipjeffries.com.
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.