Phillip Jeffries is looking for a Digital Printer Operator!
Our team is searching for a highly motivated, dynamic and hands-on Digital Printer Operator to drive a world class digital printing operation. If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
Phillip Jeffries is known for luxury design and graces the walls of the Four Seasons, Saks Fifth Avenue Department Stores and luxurious homes including Sir Elton John’s.
This role will report directly to the Digital Production Lead. The ideal candidate must be able to work the 2nd shift.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure accuracy of color targets.
- Receive, process, comprehend, and follow orders for color print services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, work load and machine capabilities.
- Processes orders in a timely manner and reports any delays to management
- Make the appropriate and productive job setting choices at the workstation and color server.
- Perform quality control checks and make adjustments to obtain a desired level of image quality
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during job submission or the printing process
- Address problematic orders and customer complaints
- Minor maintenance functions include cleaning, replenishing consumables, replacing filters and waste containers.
- Use diagnostics to troubleshoot and correct image quality artifacts.
- Gather, organize, and wrap completed work for delivery to customer
- Report mechanical failure for technician repair
- Catch errors at the earliest possible stage
- Highly detail oriented for quality control purposes
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance.
- Understanding of equipment capabilities
- Excellent visual discrimination and grasp of color theory. An eye for color and prints quality.
- Follow the equipment maintenance schedule.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with large format industry experience operating digital printing and finishing equipment and Vutek experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of materials and equipment in color printing.
- Upbeat, positive energy
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Timely, consistent follow-up skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Personifies “learning mode”
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to load/unload print media (54 inches rolls, ~ 50 lbs) on each roll-to-roll printer.
What’s in it for you:
4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Unique culture that includes:
- Annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Employee-hosted Wow! Fun! Month Parties
- Annual Holiday Party and Picnic
- Competitive salary
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- 16 Paid days off
- Bonus Program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of products, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.