Phillip Jeffries is looking for Manufacturing Manager!
Our team is searching for a highly motivated, dynamic and hands-on Manufacturing Manager to drive a world class supply chain operation. The Manufacturing Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization’s manufacturing facilities, planning, coordinating, and directing the activities (processes) that result in products (goods).
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
This position will report directly to the Director of Supply Chain.
What you will be doing:
- Plan & determine optimal utilization of manufacturing workers and equipment to meet manufacturing goals.
- Determine if new manufacturing machines, methods are needed.
- Ensure that manufacturing stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coordinate manufacturing with Design, marketing, purchasing, and other departments, as well as with vendors.
- Help ensure that customer, statutory, standards, and internal requirements are met or exceeded.
- Hire, train, and evaluate manufacturing workers; monitor workers to ensure they meet performance and safety requirements.
- Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement; identify and utilize methods of making manufacturing process more efficient and effective (reducing waste, using lean).
- Write manufacturing reports and present to director of supply Chain.
- Direct corrections (corrective action) of any manufacturing problems that may arise
- Provide world-class quality standards to consistently provide customers What they want, when they want it, the Way they want it.
- Being a steward of this organization’s GWP, Mission, Vision and Values and having apprentice stewards at every level
- Provide monthly metrics regarding manufacturing performance.
- Act as safety steward ensuring proper safety training and certifications for all personnel and equipment.
- Trained in Six Sigma, 5S and Lean Concepts is a plus.
- Create process for manufacturing workflow for every production station
- Ensure execution of Bi-weekly production schedule for every production station.
- Reduce inventory levels of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure that all production equipment are maintained as per the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Establish Preventative maintenance agreements for all production machines
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in a manufacturing discipline.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing, preferred
- Minimum of five years of manufacturing experience, with 3 years in a management role.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Lean Manager in a manufacturing environment, preferably in low volume/high complexity manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills required.
- Project management experience is a must; candidates with project management certification will be given preference.
- Some training experience (e.g., manufacturing tools & techniques, standards, regulations) preferred.
- A self-starter with strong time management skills.
- Strong team player.
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- 18 paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.