Phillip Jeffries is looking for a Junior Designer to join our Design Team!
The Junior Designer will be developing new print and digital designs to growth the sales of this category and increase the production for PJ manufacturing. This position will report directly to the Design Director.
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
What you will be doing:
- Work with Design Director, Product Designer, and Product Development to launch wallcovering collections, with a focus on Prints and Digitals
- Work with Product Designer to ensure all launch requirements and dates are met
- Manage multiple projects according to timelines
- Bring new product to life via interdepartmental collaboration
- Create inspiration mood boards
- Attend trade presentations and draw conclusions
- Ensure sign-off is achieved in alignment with seasonal launch dates
- Complete repeat work on mural layouts and smaller scale patterns
Refine digital artwork to print cleanly at large scale
- Removal of dust and imperfections that may be visible at large scale
- De-tracking to ensure a smooth repeat and mural layout
Use NAV and coordinate with Supply Chain to order ground materials for launch
- Manage and track developmental ground items for the PD team
- Assist in designing sales tool layouts - Tip cards and Brochures
- Archive documentation for Product Development
- Assist with creating engineered layouts for launch sales tools
- Assist in creating supporting digital files for launch
- Create Master File Tracking binder for complete documentation of digital collections
Coordinate with Supply Chain to place custom strike off and production POs with vendor
- Submit artwork specifications to Supply Chain
- Transfer files to manufacturers
- Maintain log of all custom jobs; Works in progress; Completed items and Report metrics during weekly department meeting.
- Work on press to color match existing printed items; Transitioning items from one vendor to another; and Transitioning screen printed items to digital
Archive and maintain digital files for artwork, pattern, and colorway development using the standards that have been created by the Product Designer
- A full library of artwork is created and maintained. COGS are established and followed daily for archive maintenance, which makes for easy reference to the entire team.
- Collaborate with the product launch team to ensure launch dates are met
- Overall support and assistance for the PD Team where needed
- Collaborate with the Digital Manufacturing Team where needed
- Bachelor degree in Design or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years of previous design experience
Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Office Products (Word & Excel)
- Color Theory
- Able to convey supporting evidence for decision making
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the team and project
- Quick thinking
- Problem solver
- Highly creative
- Very Organized
- Deadline Driven
- Able to Analyze and draw conclusions
- Materials oriented
- Strong design aesthetic
- Ability to identify trends in the world of interiors
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Master listener
- Able to absorb information and train others
- Upbeat energetic, can-do attitude
- Team motivator
- Understanding of wallcovering installation process and Lamination is a plus
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.