Phillip Jeffries is looking for an Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller!
Our Finance team is searching for a Rock Star Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller. In this role, the qualified candidate will establish and ensure excellence in Accounting policies, governance, processes and practices, while managing a the Accounting team and oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations. This role will report to our Controller.
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
What you will be doing:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Approve ledger entries by auditing transactions
- Oversee all aspects of Accounts Receivable
- Oversee all aspects of Accounts Payable
- Supervise and mentor AP Specialist, AR Specialist, Staff Accountant and any other temp staff and/or new hires.
- Monitor AR aging for past due accounts
- Establish credit levels for customers with terms
- Ensure all vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Oversee all Foreign payments
- Update daily Cash on Hand Report
- Update daily Fiscal Report
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 7+ years of Accounting experience, with 5 years managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles and IFRS standards
- Understanding of Matrix organizations and multidimensional reporting.
- Experience with consolidations of international subsidiaries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advance level skillset in Excel.
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Strong leadership skills with passion to help team members grow to their fullest potential
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.