Phillip Jeffries is looking for a Machine Operator to join our Sample Manufacturing team!
In this role, the qualified candidate will be producing high quality samples of wallcovering on time without running out of sample stock. This position will report directly to the Assistant Manufacturing Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Provide world-class quality standards to consistently provide customers What they want, When they want it, The Way they want it.
- Help create world class systems, process documentation and training tools to make the PJ Sample Manufacturing process the best it can be
- Being a steward of this organizations GWP, Mission, Vision and Values and having apprentice stewards at every level
- Work with the Management to continually assess and set new Sample Manufacturing goals, which are communicated to every level of the organization
- Ensure PJ Sample Manufacturing maintains a library for master/working master standards for all PJ products.
- Ensure PJ Sample Manufacturing Department has the highest Safety standards in the universe.
- Maintain and clean all necessary equipment
- Ensure all stock of supplies, headers, and cut memos are counted, labeled, inventoried and stored in the proper way and in the proper place
- Deliver feedback and suggestions on processes and ongoing workings of machine and process to management with suggestions on how to make it better
- Maximizing machine uptime while minimizing the sample stock
- Help insure only authorized staff handle materials or equipment
- Assist Sample Manufacturing Lead in various tasks whenever assigned and machine is not running
- Previous machine handling experience a plus
- Prior experience with cutting, gluing or binding
- Previous manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to take direction
- Experience analyzing and improving processes
- Takes initiative
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, thorough and meticulous
- Ability to work in a team or as a single individual
- Basic understanding of MS systems (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with WMS systems
- Driven to learn and teach
- Team player
- Wants to be the best and elevate his/her team to do the same
- Upbeat, energetic, positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
- Respectful and courteous
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Accountable… See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it!
- Possess high integrity
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Calm under pressure, level-headed
- Can lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Plan option that offers 100% company paid medical benefits
- Dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.