Phillip Jeffries is looking for Customer Happiness Ambassador (Customer Service Call Center Director)
If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company that has the feel of a start-up and the foundation of an established business, Phillip Jeffries may be your next home!
Our Customer Service team aims to “WOW” our customers! We are searching for a customer-centric team leader that is committed to providing the world’s best customer service. In this role, the qualified candidate will lead and manage the Customer Service department team (Customer Happiness Agency) and provide exceptional service to the luxury interior design community.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and lead a domestic and International department of customer service professionals currently at a head count of 24 and growing
- Craft and execute strategies to continuously drive the Phillip Jeffries' (PJ) Customer Happiness Agency (CHA) department to be the best customer service in the industry
- Mentor, develop and lead team, conducting monthly 1 to 1’s with direct reports and at least quarterly 1 to 1’s with each staff member.
- Become a shining example of living the company’s culture, mission, vision, values, etc., cultivating and maintaining this throughout the department.
- Project manage department specific projects and coordinating communications across the company when and where needed
- Ensure there is a goal for each role and that the goal is being monitored, tracked and reported on to COO.
- Create, monitor, and maintain department budget
- Oversee and ensure the proper standard operating procedures are being documented, updated, trained and tested on.
- Create and communicate career paths for each role and person on the team; which includes creating and/or revising role requisitions.
- Ensure all SLA’s are hit, and when missed root cause the reason and put processes and procedures into place to counteract each root cause
- Responsible for team training, recruitment, coaching, development, termination, written performance appraisals and documented counseling sessions.
- Oversee organizational structure design, roles, and staff scheduling
- Oversee the weekly department meeting ensuring that each meeting follows the company department meeting structure.
- Conduct and oversee quarterly WIPTAG (company values) review of each staff member
- Hold regularly scheduled calls with PJ Sales Manager, and Partnered Showroom Manager
- Continuously analyze and propose/execute ways of making the team, systems and process more efficient and effective (better, faster, cheaper)
- Ensure the correct metrics are being recorded and analyzed; proactively identifying hiring needs in advance of workload hitting a certain metric.
- Ensure that there is a cohesiveness in how PJ does customer service across all customer related departments (US CHA, UK CHA, US Contract CHA), of which not all directly report to this role.
- Creating and maintaining an always up to date CHA Operational Handbook for all divisions of CHA.
- Ensure there is regularly audited calls, emails and order entries which are recorded and delivered back to each person as part of their quarterly reviews
- Own escalations greater than dollar amount approved for assistant managers or any customer issues that needs to be handled by a senior level manager
- Act as primary liaison and final sign off for any projects/processes/communication that are being created from other departments that directly impacts CHA and PJ customers.
Must have for the role:
- 10+ years of experience in organizing, running and growing Customer Service teams across various roles and skill sets is required.
- Experience in luxury market a plus
- Proven track record as an exceptional leader
- Both strategic (long term) and project (short term) planning experience
- Ability to work at a strategic level 1 day and rolling up your sleeves to “pitch in” the next
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience in creating and rolling out training and auditing programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent written skills
- Positive attitude
- Computer Savvy
- Proficient in MS Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience with SMB/Enterprise grade ERP/CRM/Web systems
- Experience in managing multi-site call centers a plus
- Experience in omni channel contact center software preferred (Zendesk, InContact, 8x8, Five9, etc.)
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Paid days off
- Bonus program
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.