Phillip Jeffries is GROWING and we are looking for a Senior Import Specialist to join our Logistics team!
In this role, the qualified candidate will be producing high quality samples of wallcovering on time without running out of sample stock. This position will report directly to the Assistant Warehouse Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Insure accurate and complete preparation of all outbound international shipments (packaging, paperwork, staging, etc.)
- Field all requests from our international sales and Customer Service teams
- Be the second pair of eyes on all paperwork and instructions supplied form Customer Service and call to attention any issues before shipments are processed
- Eventually taking over and/or overseeing the responsibility of creating and completing all international shipping paperwork
- Communicate with internal teams including PJ Operations, Customer Service and Supply Chain associates.
- Communicate transaction data with partner carriers and freight forwarders
- Generates shipping labels for FedEx, UPS, DHL parcel shipments ensuring data entry accuracy
- Communicate tracking information when needed in the proper communication channel
- Provide international shipping quotes to our Customer Service and international team.
- Track and report international shipping supply levels.
- Hitting all performance metrics associated with role
- When needed ensure support staff who handle picking, packing and preparing shipments have done so correctly. You are accountable for successful shipments as well as shipment failures
- Be available via Microsoft Teams to field requests as well as cell phone during emergencies.
- 4 years of working in a fast pace, Warehouse environment.
- 3+ years of experience preparing international shipments. This includes both the physical shipments as well as all associated paperwork such as customs documentation, packing slips, and any other documents needed to successfully ship into each country
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent in English; bilingual in Spanish is an added benefit.
- Experience with WMS systems
- Experience with carrier software from UPS, FedEx, and DH
- Strong work ethic and manual dexterity.
- High energy, self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong basic math and problem solving skills.
- Team player attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Ability to work overtime and off shifts as needed.
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- 4-time “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” winner (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Bonus program
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.