Phillip Jeffries is looking for an Assistant Controller!
Our Finance team is searching for a proven leader in the industry to join us as an Assistant Controller. In this role, the qualified candidate will establish and ensure excellence in Accounting policies, governance, processes and practices, while managing a the Accounting team and oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations. This role will report to our Controller.
What you will be doing:
- Establish finance department excellence by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Own the full and timely completion of month-end close
- Assist with billing and tax documentation preparation
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Assist with the budget and forecast process
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Stay up-to-date to understand current and proposed legislations, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures where necessary
- Prepare and process bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Prepare few daily treasury and commercial reports
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls
- Create and maintain accounting controls by defining and documenting accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles
- All aspects of Accounts Receivable
- Monitor AR aging for past due accounts and work with PJ team to reduce past due balances
- Establish credit levels for customers with terms
- All aspects of Accounts Payable
- Ensure all vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Oversee all Foreign payments
Team leadership and management
- Lead and mentor AP Specialist, AR Specialist, Staff Accountants and any other temp staff and/or new hires
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Ensure excellent team culture through open communications about job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Identify solutions to ANY and ALL discrepancies in financial records
- Collaborate with IT department to maintain financial records and system processes
- Work with Finance and other department members to simplify, standardize and automate intra department and inter department Finance processes
- Manage and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 7+ years of Accounting experience, within a management position
- Prior experience working within a large corporation (500+ staff)
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles and IFRS standards
- Understanding of Matrix organizations and multidimensional reporting.
- Experience with consolidations of international subsidiaries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advance level skillset in Excel.
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Strong leadership skills with passion to help team members grow to their fullest potential
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.