Phillip Jeffries is seeking a technically skilled and dynamic Chief Financial Officer to lead all aspects of accounting and financial planning for the company. A successful candidate will possess strong personal and professional integrity, top-notch analytical skills, and a commitment to collaboration, integration, and company growth. Candidates with a track record of increasing responsibility in technical accounting and team leadership are highly preferred. Previous experience working within private organizations is required. This role will report to our CEO.
- Be a PJ advocate and communicate our vision, mission, values, and great & worthy purpose.
- Provide guidance to the Chief Executive Officer and President concerning financial matters and capital strategy of PJ.
- Actively participate in the development of the Company’s strategic plans.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the company, (i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers and investments.)
- Oversee and manage financial functions including accounting, treasury, tax, risk control, internal reporting, and purchasing.
- Broaden job knowledge by awareness of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Grow financial success of Phillip Jeffries by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, directing, and mentoring team.
- Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of external competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
- Lead the budgeting process for all business functions: P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow & CAPEX
- Develop and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends.
- Plan, evolve, and evaluate PJ’s fiscal function and performance.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Manage and negotiation cost effective employee benefit plans.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects involving systemic improvements, expense deep dives, and implementation of corporate policies.
External Relationship Management
- Oversee and maintain relationship with outside CPA firm on tax planning and management.
- Serves as the key point of contact for external auditors and manage preparation and support of the company's year-end review.
- Liaise with external professionals in relation to finance matters.
- Partner with CEO and President in the development and negotiations of lease agreements.
What would make you a great fit
- 10+ years of direct accounting / financial analysis experience in progressively responsible roles
- Enjoy high energy, entrepreneurial work environments which involve a fast paced and dynamic culture
- Strong project management skills and experience developing, driving, and implementing new financial systems and business processes
- Ability to lead and oversee change in a global organization
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple projects with competing deadlines; results-oriented
- Ability to think creatively, anticipate problems and opportunities, and drive vision for continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization quickly and positively
- Strong executive presence with the ability to present in front of leadership
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build relationships, rapport, credibility, and consensus with colleagues. Open, collaborative leader with a proven ability to drive organizational change
- Demonstrated "storyteller" - someone who can take the financial story and make it transferable
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.