Phillip Jeffries is growing and expanding our Design team!
We are actively searching for a Junior Customs Wallcovering Designer to join our team. The Ideal candidate will be able to bring our interior design clients' vision to life. This position will report directly to our Design Director.
What you will be doing:
Pure Imagination Designing:
- Work with Custom Designer to manage multiple projects according to timelines
- Complete repeat work on custom mural layouts and smaller scale patterns
- Create panel maps and other visual representations of rescaled / cropped wall murals
- Color separate artwork for print
- Refine digital artwork to print cleanly at large scale
- Evaluate custom artwork requests to determine feasible timeline for artwork / color correction
- Work with Custom Designer to propose solutions for client requests to be feasible within requested timeline
- Work with Custom Designer to propose methods for digitally reproducing handmade products
Pure Imagination Collaboration:
- Assist in bringing custom products to life via interdepartmental collaboration
- Coordinate with Supply Chain to place custom strike off and production POS with vendor
- Attend & participate in interdepartmental meetings
Pure Imagination Documentation & Reporting
- Archive and maintain digital files for custom artwork
- Document Master Files
- Work with Custom Designer to maintain log of all custom jobs
- Provide reports on custom projects
- Report metrics during weekly department meeting.
Pure Imagination Manufacturing:
- Work with Digital Manufacturing Team on press to color match custom colors.
- Collaborate with the Digital Manufacturing Team where needed
- BA or BFA in interior design, industrial design, textile design or a related field.
- 1-2 years of technical experience in surface pattern design, within wallcoverings, prints, or textiles
- Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Office Products (Word & Excel)
- Color Theory
- Understanding of wallcovering installation process and Lamination is a plus
- Able to convey supporting evidence for decision making
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the team and project
- Quick thinking
- Problem solver
- Highly creative
- Very Organized
- Deadline Driven
- Able to Analyze and draw conclusions
- Materials oriented
- Strong design aesthetic
- Ability to identify trends in the world of interiors
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Master listener
- Able to absorb information and train others
- Upbeat energetic, can-do attitude
- Team motivator
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.