Phillip Jeffries is growing and expanding our Design team!
We are actively searching for a Vinyl Wallcovering Designer to join our team. The Ideal candidate will be able to bring our interior design clients' vision to life. This position will report directly to our Design Director.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Design Director on new vinyl wallcovering collections
- Present new wallcovering design concepts that relate to our seasonal theme
- Assist in creating the annual launch stories and present themes
- Work with outside artists and print designers to develop custom PJ artwork
- Create original artwork in a range of mediums to be translated into performance wallcoverings
- Create repeats, adjust scale, and detrack artwork using manufacturing output specifications using photoshop
- Create, edit and approve master artwork file prior to color work
- Develop colorwork for new products
- Responsible for creating and sending strike-off files/color swatches
- Approving CADs for production tooling and request PO from purchasing
- Ensure that the category quotas are met for each launch throughout the year.
- Create a development pipeline of collections that can be added to any season in order to keep the annual vinyl category quota on track.
- Create new performance categories and maintain existing categories.
- Develop relationships with existing manufactures and source new manufactures for new capabilities and to ensure an adequate supply chain.
- Collaborate with suppliers on new developments and approve developments on press
- Archive and maintain digital files for artwork, pattern and colorway development
- Assist with other category development when needed
Sales and Market Trend
- Analyzing sales for similar collections
- Obtaining category & collection sales each quarter to analyze trending colors
- Uses sales data and trend research to support decisions for new collections and colors.
- Attending trade shows and visiting the D&D quarterly to stay abreast of new trends.
- Collect pricing and item specifications from vendors
- Design sales tools layouts (i.e. sample cards) that maximize the yield of the material and consider the most effective way to feature the items
- Coordinate and manage testing of new collections (i.e. installation, fire, CE)
- Archive documentation for product development
- Knowledgeable about collections and prepared to answer questions at any point during the development process.
- Manage projects according to timelines
- Transition all collection details to Production team
- Collaborate with the product launch team to ensure launch dates are met
- Liaise between mills and other departments (i.e. Contract) on projects
- Oversee new products from concept to production to assure standards are met and product comes out accurate
- Assist with Pure Imagination custom requests
- Resize patterns and/or conduct colorwork/color corrections based on specifications given by client
- Create new artwork based on client's inspiration/image (resize pattern, put into repeat/scale, color accordingly)
- Present recommendations to Contract team on most effective production process for product
- Approve print rollers, screens and digital files to ensure they are accurate for production
- BA or BFA in interior design, industrial design, textile design or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of textile design, preferably within vinyl wallcoverings
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop
- AVA CAD
- Creative skillset: Drawing, painting, ect.
- Able to convey supporting evidence for decision making
- Proactively anticipates the needs of the team and project
- Quick thinking
- Problem solver
- Highly creative
- Deadline driven
- Able to analyze and draw conclusions
- Materials oriented
- Strong design aesthetic
- Ability to identify trends in the world of interiors
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Master listener
- Able to absorb information and train others
- Decision maker
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Team motivator
- Responsible and reliable
- Understanding of wallcovering installation process a plus
- Understanding of lamination process a plus
Why Phillip Jeffries?
As a purpose-driven organization, we truly believe that where you work matters. We are committed to creating an organization with a higher purpose, a place where our talented team can truly flourish. Phillip Jeffries believes in creating an environment with opportunities to grow personally and financially, offering volunteer opportunities that support our community and environment as well as extending a rich benefits package to care for our most valuable assets, our team.
- Stocked break room with complimentary healthy snacks and beverages
- Easily accessible, just minutes from Routes 46, 80, 23 and GSP
- Unique culture that includes an annual Spirit Week with a focus on our core values, team building and having fun!
- Frequent team building activities
- Annual holiday party and picnic
- Beautifully designed office space that includes open concept and collaborative work spaces, large kitchen, library, inclusion of live plants, convenient nursing room, privacy rooms, and access to natural light via most all work stations
- Paid time off for community service with the ability to take (3) paid days off per year to volunteer during a work day and (3) days per year on a weekend earning you an additional (3) days of comp time
- Gym rewards of up to $240 per year for every month that at least 12 visits are made to one of +4000 facilities
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Paid days off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complimentary Flu Vaccines
- Retirement Plan in which company automatically contributes approximately 10% of your annual compensation
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Financial protection through Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital and Cancer Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Phillip Jeffries, the world’s leader in natural, textured and specialty wallcoverings, has been providing award winning designs to the architectural and interior design community for over 40 years. With a diverse collection of product, Phillip Jeffries has provided luxury goods that grace the walls of properties such as the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and the Barney’s New York stores as well as luxurious homes throughout the world.
To learn more about Phillip Jeffries, please visit us at www.phillipjeffries.com.